Radio Frequency Safety Training Courses
for Users & Radiation Safety Officers
The on-site radio frequency (RF) safety training courses provided by High-Rez Diagnostics cover that part of the electromagnetic spectrum from 3 kHz to 300 GHz. Upon being furnished with the sources and frequencies of the RF emitters used at your facility, a significant degree of presentation customization will be provided at no additional cost. 50 & 60 Hz bioeffects will be presented upon request. The presenter, Dr. Hughes, has significant hands-on experience with a wide variety of RF equipment and has lectured on RF safety and carried out RF safety classes and surveys for more than 20 years.
Both on- and off-site RF safety consulting services are offered by HRD. These services include carrying out hazard analyses calculations and conducting RF safety surveys.
Customized Training for:
- Users of RF sources and systems
- Manufacturers of RF equipment
- Radiation Safety Officers and other health/safety professionals
- RF maintenance personnel
Courses Designed to Meet:
- IEEE/ANSI C95.1 requirements for RF safety training
- User or manufacturing unique safety requirements
- DoD-unique requirements
General Flow of Topics:
- Sources of RF radiation
- Near and far field characteristics of RF radiation
- RF radiation/tissue interaction mechanisms (bioeffects)
- Maximum permissible exposure levels (origins, applications and limits of understanding)
- Exposure survey and monitoring equipment
- Maximum induced and contact currents
- Control measures and safe operating procedures
- Ancillary hazards including electrical, x-ray (ordinance and fuels when appropriate)
Detailed topical outlines and a quote for training are available upon request.